The 2018 Competition will take place on Saturday, 8th September 2018, at
St Augustines Church Thorpe Bay at 6:30pm.
- Applications to be received by 30th June 2018
- Lead Adjudicator to be Jane Wilkinson
Candidates must be
- Aged under 29 on the date of the competition
- Permanently resident within the County of Essex, UK. (This should not be an address used in term-time only.)
- Following a course (full or part-time) of advanced singing study, OR be about to begin such a course, OR have achieved a Government-recognised Grade 8 Merit or above in singing and intend to pursue further professional singing training. Applicants may be required to supply further information concerning curriculum and standards of training together with singing career intentions if they do not hold a college place.
Candidates are asked to perform a short (15 – 20 minutes) balanced recital programme of their own choice consisting of 4 items, one of each of the following:
An aria from an oratorio (sacred or secular), mass or other extended sacred work
An operatic aria or concert aria
A German Lied or French Mélodie
A British or American Art song.
Full rules and regulations are on the application form.